Wednesday, April 25, 2007

More pictures

Here are more pictures from the storm. I know, I know - they look like pictures of trees to you. But where you see sunshine seeping between the tree trunks, instead imagine these woods so thick the roads were forever in the shade. The pines were so close together that you couldn't see past them to what was beyond.

Now, if you look, you see lots of branches and severed trunks. It looks like a messy field. But it was, 10 days ago, a forest.

There wasn't a funnel cloud touching down, as far as I know, but the wind cut a path along the ridge line and through the pines, leaving a path of destruction much like a tornado or a cyclone.








In other, non-storm-related ramblings, I'm working on a new project and very happy about it. I've been stewing for a while on my prior WIP but have this other idea floating around in my head. After re-reading Stephen King's book On Writing I decided to get this idea out of my head and onto paper (or computer, really). It's not a romance, I'm not sure if it's book-length or a short story, and I'm not entirely certain of how it's going to end. But now I have to write it to see what happens.

Stephen King's genre doesn't interest me, so I'd never read a book of his before this one. But I really enjoyed his approach to and philosophy on writing, as well as his style. I particularly like what he says about writing and life. You'll have to read it yourself - it's on page 94 in my Pocket Books paperback edition. I've found him inspiring as I ponder my direction.

No comments: