Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Apparently, I'm too philosophical.

That would be news to my philosophy professors in college who, I'm sure, thought I was anything but. But my husband said he was going to send my blog url to his parents and sister, then decided they wouldn't be interested, because it was all philosophical and not about family. That's an engineer for you.

So this is about family. Amelia, Alex, and Jamie put on a show for us on Easter. They had practiced it all week, planning costumes, characters, and everything. Jamie was the Easter Bunny and, for some bizarre reason, carried a bag full of play kitchen pots and pans. Alex was an Easter egg, stuffing his shirt with paper towels (now I know where they all disappear to) so he was "stuffed with fluff" a la Winnie the Pooh. And Amelia was the Easter Fairy, dressed in a very shiny pink and purple concoction from her dress-up clothes. Amelia was also director, producer, choreographer, stage manager, scriptwriter, and star. Pardon me, diva.

The production was incredibly repetitive, but very adorable. The entire plot centered on dancing around in a circle while some music played on one of their alphabet toys. There ended up being a second act, with Amelia singing a part-opera, part-Broadway showstopper musical number. It was, however, all Amelia.

The best part, besides the immortal lyrics "I love Easter because of all the candy!", was that the kids had a huge amount of fun and their parents got to rest on the couch for 15 minutes. I only wish we had a digital camera that took better videos, to have saved the moment for posterity. I'm sure we'll want it some day when the kids get older - like at a wedding, college graduation, or when they just need to be reminded who's got incriminating information about them.

2 comments:

dinahlab said...

Not about family??? It's ALL about family!!! Sugaring, easter egg hunting, The Grape Juice Syndrome -- what's that if not family????? I don't know whether you should blame that on a BSEE or a Y chromosome.

d

Kris said...

I'd forgotten about The Pepsi Syndrome. Thanks for the link. Bryan and I have be talking about Landshark lately - I mean, Candygram.

Even for someone with a BSEE and Y chromosome, Bryan can be pretty cool.