Sunday, March 4, 2007

Too late for important thoughts...

but since I'm here, I'll write something anyway. I'm not sure why I started a blog since I don't actually have time to write what I should be writing. All these ideas in my head for novels, both important and mundane, and I'm writing stream of consciousness. Did I spell that right? I guess this is also known as procrastination.
But the weekend was good, for all that I'm not getting much done on the getting published end of things. Played Uno with Bryan and kids during our power outage on Friday and was very proud of my daughter Amelia, who lost without losing her composure or sense of humor. Went sledding with about 50 other people on Saturday afternoon/evening, including Bryan, kids and dogs, and we had a blast, going down a nice big fast hill on the west side of town. It's great to live in Lyme. The fire chief broke out the generator and large lights to allow the nighttime sledding, people brought hot chocolate and cookies, and a good time was had by all. Today the kids all had skiing lessons - they're doing wonderfully - and as a treat for the almost end of ski season, the whole family had lunch at the lodge. Expensive fast food in a crowded cafeteria, but the company at my table was great.
So I might not have accomplished much in one area, but I feel very lucky in another.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"so you think it's the end of ski season do you? mmwwaaa-haaa-haaa haaa." (so sayeth mother nature to those who are bold enough to speak of the winter in NH)

hope you all are enjoying the snow. the gilders will be skiing sunapee with some friends 3/17-18 weekend. come and join us.

dinahlab said...

I just finished your book, I read the whole thing today. I have to admit, I thought "yeah, yeah, whatever, even if it's bad, I'll tell her I loved it and I'll read the first page and the last page and a few random pages in between...." Not only was it not bad, I couldn't put it down! Well, OK, that's mostly because I couldn't pick it up, because it was on my (desk-top) computer.

Seriously, I thought it was great, and I wouldn't say that if I didn't mean it. I would try to be polite and complimentary without being encouraging. Instead, I am trying to be enthusiastic. Congratulations!

When is the next one coming out? I can't wait! Am I going to have to satisfy myself with the "chapter book" that Amelia is writing until then?????