Thursday, March 22, 2007

The return of the laptop...

Finally, my laptop is back, minus my files, my family pictures, and my Mozilla bookmarks. Hard to decide which is more upsetting right now. I am under strict orders from my husband to not allow my children to even breathe in the general vicinity of the laptop and liquids are completely banned. I assume he means for the kids, because I'm not typing anything without my green tea or a cup of mocha handy.

So I'm trying to update my blog page here, adding pictures, links of friends/family/writing buddies' blogs, and discover I can't remember for the life of me my password. Who came up with this idea about passwords anyway? Conceptually it's sensible, until you realize that, with all the pages you log in to - the worst being, IMHO, the online shopping people who want you to have an account at every store - you'd need at least 75 passwords, if you intend to keep them distinct. I try to keep something I can remember and vary between a few, but with all the potential passwords I use, I never can log in to anything on the first try - except my email.

Obviously, I finally reset my password here and got in. Took too long.

Now I'm off to do what I set out to do here in the first place - add someone's blog. Then time to get back to my WIP - still in the prologue, but things are going well. It's been interesting writing it all out on paper. Since I can't edit as easily, words keep flowing more and I worry about editing later. While I write slower than I type, I think I've been more efficient with writing long-hand because I've turned off, to a large extent, my self-editor. We'll see.

3 comments:

Evanne Lorraine said...

Hi Kris, You've got a nice easy readable style - good job and thanks for the plug! I'm an internet weenie I need to edit my blog roll and I always mess up things.:( I'll try to get you and others added soon.

Evanne Lorraine said...

Gat you added :) I'm proud. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris
Finally found the time to drop a little line your way. Lol, I definitely approve of the desc to my blog. Yup, you'll even find Daniel Craig there, as well as a host of other blokes I go gaga about!
Adding you up on mine asap!
And good luck keeping the kids away from the laptop. Kids nowadays are born tech-savvy! And would you believe it sometimes appears as if they are more tech-smart than we are, at their wise old age of four?
Cheers honey! This one will become one of my usual stops!!