Monday, March 19, 2007

Assorted weekend happenings

So many things, so little energy to write about them. Major story of our past week is illness - the boys and I have been coughing and run down since Wednesday. I think we're on the mend, but the house and other things have fallen by the wayside, so there's a lot of catching up to do now. The builder has broken through into the addition, so dust is everywhere - not good for the coughing, plus I don't really care enough to clean it up right now. And they're only going to create more dust before they're done, so why bother?

I used to try that excuse with my mother - I'm only going to sleep in my bed again tonight, so why make it? It never seemed to work. One of the beauties of being an adult - I can let myself get away with that now. Only now I'm conditioned to make my bed everyday - sigh.

Other exciting news - let's see. The boys rode the chair lift at the Skiway last weekend and skied down the big hill for the first time. Very fun. Oh, this one's good. Amelia held an election for the family to vote on who they'd choose as president, George W. Bush or Abraham Lincoln? Unsurprisingly, Abe won, 3-0. (Jamie chose not to exercise his right to vote and Amelia, as the election official, didn't want to seem biased, so she abstained as well.)

Time to get to my 74 emails. Then maybe some Advil.

2 comments:

Evanne Lorraine said...

Hi Kris,

Testing your comment sections - sorry I'm on my first cup of coffee and not fully functional. :)

Anonymous said...

That is too cute - I hope you and yours survive the chaos and get over your colds real soon.

T.J.