Monday, February 26, 2007

A virtual room

Wow. A blog. A place to publish my thoughts and words. A virtual room of my own.
I hadn't really planned this out, so I'm starting from scratch. The basics:
I live in New England, on 4 acres, with 3 kids, 2 dogs, and 1 husband. There's a nice symmetry to that, I think. I wish I could remember how I spend my time, but it seems gone before I can take note of it. I try to keep up with my family's needs - shopping, laundry, housekeeping - and writing.
Yes, I'm writing a book. Actually, I just finished one and will be starting another any day now. It's a crap shoot whether my writing will go anywhere, but it gives me a purpose and I find the idea of creating something on my own very satisfying - most of the time. I just finished writing a time-travel romance and have started plotting for a historical romance.
Why romance? Frankly, the world is scary enough as it is. If I want something serious, I read the paper. Besides, I like a happy ending.

1 comment:

dinahlab said...

Besides, in a romance you don't have to read the last page of the book first so that you don't inadvertently get attached to someone who a) dies b) goes to jail for life c) runs away to a foreign country to find him/herself leaving our hero forlorn etc. After all, who really wants to read a depressing book about someone who works 60 or more hours a week, comes home and does nothing but eat fast food, spends free time doing laundry, groceries, cleaning, yard work, bill paying, errands, and just enough house maintenance that it doesn't collapse? I'd MUCH rather read an escape, wouldn't you? If I want to be stressed out and see sad things, I can go to work!