Friday, December 14, 2007

Let it snow!

We got snow yesterday, we're getting snow today, big nor'easter supposedly coming in sometime - although I thought there was also a storm coming in from Kansas. It's the most wonderful time of the year (after, of course, the start of school time). The skiways are happy here and the kids are happy and my toes are cold, but otherwise, I'm happy too.

Amelia, Alex and Jamie have been sledding up a storm. Bryan's built them a little ramp to jump their sleds off of - entirely too close to the trees and rocks, in my opinion, but I'm only Mom. I don't count - at least when it comes to fun and danger. They have different paths and a whole system worked out for the short trails. Lots of fun - for them. I close my eyes and wait for the screams.

Bryan's business is plugging along, with a goal of end of January for a sell-able, tested product. It's aggressive, but I think at this point, the goal is good, even if they don't make it. I need to get hopping on helping with the website and business plan, which is currently in flux.

On top of that, I'm working at home 40 hours/week, trying to keep us afloat, and doing all the child care/house care things. Well, not ALL. Bryan's been helping out more and we're working on the balance so I can get things done other than work. Like laundry, cleaning, playing with kids, cooking. Little things.

In addition, TWO BITS OF REALLY EXCITING NEWS! Sorry for shouting, but I want to get your attention.

ONE: my short story, The Vicar's Vixen, is coming out in March from Dark Eden Press. Now, they publish some pretty hot stuff, although my story is tame (I'm sooooo booring!), so only link to them if you're 18 or older, okay? And be sure you took your heart meds this morning.

TWO: a well-respected e-publisher, who's also putting some print books in bricks-and-mortar stores, has asked for a revision of The Full Moon Factor. The editor loved the story but would like to see some things fixed. So in my spare time (HA!) I'm working on that.

For more on my writing career, see my alternate persona, Kristin Lawrence's website.

Gotta get some work done, but there's the news for now.

No comments: